close

玫瑰1.png

張老師英語教室 英文基礎、會話、寫作、多益雅思教學  TEL 0905-564-025

001、  Valentine's Roses 情人節玫瑰

Red roses were her favorites; her name was also Rose.

紅玫瑰花是她的最愛,她的名字也叫羅絲。

And every year her husband sent them, tied with pretty bows.

每年她的丈夫都要送她打了美麗的蝴蝶結的紅玫瑰。

The year he died, the roses were delivered to her door.

他去世的那年,玫瑰花還是送到了她的門口,

The card said, "Be my Valentine," like all the years before.

卡片上寫著:「當我的情人吧。」,跟往年一樣。

 

Each year he sent her roses, and the note would always say,

每年他送給她紅玫瑰,卡片上總這樣寫著:

"I love you even more this year than last year on this day. "

「今年我比去年的今天更愛你。

"My love for you will always grow, with every passing year.

隨著逝去的歲月,我對你的愛一直在增長。」

She knew this was the last time that the roses would appear.

她知道這將是最後一次收到玫瑰花。

 

She thought he ordered roses in advance before this day.

她認為他是在這天之前就提前訂了玫瑰花。

Her loving husband did not know that he would pass away.

她親愛的丈夫並不知道他將去世。

He always liked to do things early.

他總喜歡把事情做在前頭,

Then if he got too busy, everything would work out fine.

這樣,如果他很忙的話,每件事都照樣做得妥妥當當。

 

She trimmed the stems and placed them in a very special vase.

她整理好花莖,把它們插進一個特別的花瓶,

Then sat the vase beside the portrait of his smiling face.

然後,將花瓶放在他滿臉笑容的像片旁,

She would sit for hours in her husband's favorite chair

她總會在她丈夫喜歡的椅子上坐上好幾個小時,

While staring at his picture, and the roses sitting there.

看著他的相片,玫瑰花放在那兒。

 

A year went by, and it was hard to live without her mate.

一年過去了,沒有他的日子很難過。

Her loneliness and solitude that had become her fate.

孤獨和寂寞,成了她的命運。

Then the very hour, as on Valentines before,

然而,在情人節這天,跟以往送花的時間相同,

The door-bell rang, and there were roses, sitting by her door.

門鈴響了,在她的門口放著玫瑰花。

 

She brought the roses in, and then just looked at them in shock.

她將玫瑰拿進屋,吃驚地看著它們。

Then, went to get the telephone, to call the florist shop.

然後,她走去拿起了電話,撥通了花店的電話。

The owner answered, and she asked him if he would explain,

店主接了電話,她問店主能否向她解釋一下,

"Why would someone do this to her, causing her such pain?"

為什麼有人要這麼做,引起她的痛苦?

 

"I know your husband passed away, more than a year ago,"

「我知道妳的丈夫一年多前去世了,」

The owner said, "I knew you'd call, and you would want to know.

店主說:「我知道妳會打電話來,妳想知道是怎麼回事。

The flowers you received today were paid for in advance.

妳今天收到的花,已經提前付了錢。

Your husband always planned ahead; he left nothing to chance. "

妳丈夫總是提前計劃,他做事從來不碰運氣。」

 

"There is a standing order that I have on file down here.

「我的存檔裡有一個固定的訂單,

And he has paid well in advance.    You'll get them every year.

他已經提前付清了錢,你每年都會收到玫瑰花。

There also is another thing that I think you should know.

還有另外一件事,我想你應該知道,

He wrote a special little card.    He did this years ago. "

他寫了一張特別的小卡片,他幾年前就寫好了的。」

 

"Then should ever I find out that he's no longer here.

「這樣,萬一我發現他已不在人世的話,

That's the card.that should be sent to you the following year. "

就是這張卡片,應該將在下一年送給你。」

She thanked him and hung up the phone, her tears now flowing hard.

她謝了他,掛了電話,眼淚奪眶而出,

Her fingers shaking as she slowly reached to get the card.

當她慢慢地伸手去拿卡片時,她的手指在顫抖。

 

Inside the card, she saw that he had written her a note.

在卡片里,她看到了他寫給她的字條。

Then as she stared in total silence, this is what he wrote:

她默默地看著,他是這樣寫的:

"Hello my love, I know it's been a year since I've been gone,

「哈囉,親愛的,我知道我離開你已經一年了,

I hope it hasn't been too hard for you to overcome."

我希望你所度過的這段日子不會太辛苦。」

 

"I know it must be lonely, and the pain is very real.

「我知道妳肯定很孤獨,而且這種痛苦是如此的真切。

For if it was the other way, I know how I would feel.

因為如果這樣的事發生在我身上,我知道我會有怎樣的感受。

The love we shared made everything so beautiful in life.

我們分享的愛讓生命中的每件事都是那麼的美好,

I loved you more than words can say.    You were the perfect wife. "

我對你的愛無法用言語表達,你是最完美的妻子。」

 

"You were my friend and lover; you fulfilled my every need.

「妳是我的朋友和愛人,妳總能滿足我的每一個需求。

I know it's only been a year, but please try not to grieve.

我知道才過了一年,但是請妳盡可能不要悲傷。

I want you to be happy, even when you shed your tears.

我希望妳快樂,即使當妳流著淚水。

That is why the roses will be sent to you for years. "

這就是為什麼在今後的歲月裡,每年都會送玫瑰給你。」

 

"When you get these roses, think of all the happiness

「當妳收到這些花時,請想想我們一起度過的所有的

That we had together, and how both of us were blessed.

快樂時光,以及我們是怎樣受到祝福的。

I have always loved you, and I know I always will.

我一直愛著妳,而且我知道我將永遠愛著妳。

But, my love, you must go on.    You have some living still. "

但是,親愛的,妳必須繼續生活下去,妳還有好多日子要過。」

 

"Please.try to find happiness while living out your days.

「請妳在妳的生活中努力去尋找歡樂,

I know it is not easy, but I hope you find some ways.

我知道這並不容易,但我希望妳能找到一些方式。

The roses will come every year, and they will only stop

玫瑰每年都會送來,而且,它們不會再送來的時候

When your door's not answered, when the florist stops to knock. "

只有當妳不再應門時,到那時花店店主才會停止敲門。」

 

"He will come five times that day, in case you have gone out.

「這一天,以防妳出門不在,他會來五次。

But after his last visit, he will know without a doubt.

妳是否還在,他最後一次拜訪就會明白了。

To take the roses to the place, where I've instructed him,

他會將花送到我指定的地方,

And place the rose where we are, together once again. "

並將玫瑰放在我們再次相聚的地方。」

下一篇    002、A Brother's Love  姊弟之愛

 

arrow
arrow
    文章標籤
    中英對照好文章
    全站熱搜

    張老師 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()